Consonance 2022 will be held in person March 25-27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I find out more about Consonance 2021?
- To find out more about Consonance 2021, and to get the Zoom links you will need to participate when they become available, please visit the Consonance Facebook Group, the Festival of the Living Rooms Facebook group, or the #filkhaven Discord server. To guard against "Zoom bombers" we won't post the Zoom links on this website.
- Q: How large is Consonance these days?
- Answer: Around 100 - 150 people.
- Q: Is the hotel OK with the cancellation of Consonance 2020?
Canceling a convention can be expensive.
- Answer: The hotel is OK with it. They consider it "force majeure" and did not penalize us.
- Q: When did you first look at canceling Consonance 2020?
- Answer: Someone first asked us on March 6, 2020. On March 9 we began assessing whether we should cancel, as Santa Clara County (where the con was to be held) had issued a ban on gatherings of more than 1,000 people.
- Q: Is it really that big a deal?
- Answer: Yes. We are not that large, but many of us drive long distances or fly in. Fandom includes people at high risk because of age or underlying medical conditions. On the Sunday of the weekend when Consonance 2020 would have been held, someone who had planned to attend reported COVID symptoms.
- Q: Will it affect us very much at the hotel in 2022?
- Answer: There will be many minor safety protocols in place which, together, have kept the hotel in healthy operation throughout the pandemic. Honor them, and it will work out. Expected inconveniences include, please don't crowd the elevators; in room food service absent or limited; room cleaning limited although things will be sent to us at request. Expect Dash the robot to be a very busy hotel staffer.