Consonance 2021 was held online March 5-7 around the world
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I find out more about Consonance 2021?
- To find out more about Consonance 2021, and to get the Zoom links you will need to participate when they become available, please visit the Consonance Facebook Group, the Festival of the Living Rooms Facebook group, or the #filkhaven Discord server. To guard against "Zoom bombers" we won't post the Zoom links on this website.
- Q: How large is Consonance these days?
- Answer: Around 100 - 150 people.
- Q: Is the hotel OK with the cancellation of Consonance 2020?
Canceling a convention can be expensive.
- Answer: The hotel is OK with it. They consider it "force majeure" and are not penalizing us.
- Q: When did you first look at canceling Consonance 2020?
- Answer: Someone first asked us on March 6, 2020. On March 9 we began assessing whether we should cancel, as Santa Clara County (where the con was to be held) had issued a ban on gatherings of more than 1,000 people.
- Q: Is it really that big a deal?
- Answer: Yes. We are not that large, but many of us drive long distances or fly in. Fandom includes people at high risk because of age or underlying medical conditions. On the Sunday of the weekend when Consonance 2020 would have been held, someone who had planned to attend reported COVID symptoms.