Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I find out more about Consonance 2023?
- On the rest of this website, as we get the details together.
We may also mention news on the Facebook pages or Discord server listed below.
- We're planning an in-person convention. 2022 went well.
- Q: How large is Consonance these days?
- Around 100 - 150 people.
- Q: Did [practices and policies about Covid-19] affect us very much at the hotel in 2022?
Will they in 2023?
- There will be many minor safety protocols in place which, together,
have kept the hotel in healthy operation throughout the pandemic.
Honor them, and it will work out.
- Expected inconveniences include:
Expect Dash the robot to be a very busy hotel staffer.
- 💜 please don't crowd the elevators;
- 💜 in room food service absent or limited;
- 💜 room cleaning limited although things will be sent to us at request.
Questions about when Covid-19 appeared
- Q: Was the hotel OK with the cancellation of Consonance 2020?
Canceling a convention can be expensive.
- The hotel is OK with it.
They considered it "force majeure"
and did not penalize us.
- Q: When did you first look at canceling Consonance 2020?
- Someone first asked us on March 6, 2020.
On March 9 we began assessing whether we should cancel,
as Santa Clara County (where the con was to be held) had issued a ban on gatherings of more than 1,000 people.
- Q: Is it really that big a deal?
- Yes. We are not that large, but many of us drive long distances or fly in.
Fandom includes people at high risk because of age or underlying medical conditions.
On the Sunday of the weekend when Consonance 2020 would have been held,
someone who had planned to attend reported COVID symptoms.
- Q: What happened for Consonance 2021 then?
- We held our community together online.
- We learned to sing from our living rooms.
- ...and we still do; Zoom has replaced many house sings.
To get the Zoom links
you will need to participate when they become available.
- 🎻 As a guard against "Zoom bombers" we won't post the Zoom links on this website.